May 4, 2021
The Drill Down Podcast: “Improving Drilling Scheduling” with Actenum’s Owen Plowman
Oil and gas industry veteran (and passionate educator) Marty Stetzer hosts a regular podcast for EKT Interactive. A recent show featured Actenum’s Owen Plowman talking to Marty about how improving drilling scheduling can benefit operational performance, and, more importantly, how it can help you to avoid missing your targets.
In the podcast, Owen shared insights about improving operational performance at this time of unprecedented challenges in our industry, and he addressed some specific aspects of drilling scheduling:
- What are the challenges to operators as they manage their drilling program schedules?
- The applicability of improved scheduling to shale plays, where there are many wells to drill and complete, steep decline curves, multi-pad drilling, huge volumes of water and sand, and continual disruptions
- Some case studies where operators have seen payoffs by improving schedules
- Who needs to be involved with the scheduling process to achieve improvements in efficiency?
- Some of the unique capabilities of the Actenum DSO scheduling solution.